Glossa, the Society for Medieval Studies in Finland, was founded in 1996 to bring together scholars working in medieval studies along with others with an interest in medieval life and society. Glossa itself means a commentary or interpretation, reflecting our members’s own activities in studying the medieval world. The aims of the society are to develop the teaching of medieval studies in Finland; to promote general awareness of the Middle Ages (both Eastern and Western); and to promote the common interest of scholars and students in Finland working on the Middle Ages. Glossa is a member of the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies.
How to Become a Member?
If you wish to become a member of the society, please contact Lauri Leinonen (lauri.i.leinonen(at)helsinki.fi) and pay the membership fee to our account (Nordea 200118-182589, Glossa ry.). Please remember to include your contact information when paying! The annual membership fee (for 2015) is €17 (€12 for undergraduates; family membership is €25).
Society’s mailing list can be joined by sending (from the address you wish to join to the list) the e-mail message ”subscribe glossa-list” to majordomo(at)lista.tsv.fi.
- Reima Välimäki, MA (University of Turku), chair: rsmval(at)utu.fi
- Kirsi Kanerva, PhD (University of Turku), vice-chair: ktkane(at)utu.fi
- Olli Lampinen-Enqvist, Th.M (University of Helsinki), secretary: olli.lampinen(at)helsinki.fi
- Lauri Leinonen, MA (University of Helsinki), treasurer: lauri.i.leinonen(at)helsinki.fi
- Katja Fält, PhD (University of Jyväskylä): katja.j.falt(at)jyu.fi
- Lauri Hirvonen, MA, (University of Helsinki): lauri.hirvonen(at)helsinki.fi
- Maria Kallio, MA (University of Turku): makalli(at)utu.fi
- Karolina Kouvola, Th.M (University of Helsinki): publicity: karolina.kouvola(at)helsinki.fi
- Marika Räsänen, PhD (University of Turku): marras(at)utu.fi
- Leena Enqvist, Th.M, BA (University of Helsinki): leena.enqvist(at)helsinki.fi
- Jenni Kuuliala, PhD (University of Tampere), publicity: jenni.kuuliala(at)uta.fi
- Anu Lahtinen, PhD, docent (University of Helsinki): anulah(at)utu.fi
- Tom Linkinen, PhD (University of Turku): toklink(at)utu.fi